Sunday, January 06, 2008

Back to Blogging

Now let me see: almost 18 months I have not had any entry to this blog site. Long time, yes. Long time to prove if somebody will care if I don't blog. Hahahahah! It's really missed.

So why return to it? The answer is probably more of a wish to get things documented and hope somebody else will read it and spark a thought or two that everybody will profit from in terms of new insight or for just the share pleasure of knowing somebody somewhere shares the same thought.

For the long absence, I do not have to cite the same excuse about being busy. It may be true, but if you really want to do something, you will always find the time to do it. Or it could be poor planning, being unmindful of how to allocate time based on priorities. Or it could be plain and simple fatigue, a certain tiredness of the spirit, a physical inability to do things which are not directly related to one's work.

Whatever it is, those 18 months are gone, as far as my blog is concerned.

Among my friends, only Vanni Villafuerte of the Philippine Business for Social Progress, commented about the blog during the long period of its absence. In a visit to Bohol a few months back, he said he read my blogs because it deals with a common interest we share: poverty. Of course, it's not all about poverty; sometimes I renege and deal with with some topics remotely related to poverty. I must admit it's tiring to think and talk poverty all the time, especially if your friends want to talk about something else - which is often!

Let's try again going into this blog with the regret that some incidents or experiences I have had during the last 18 months are gone forever - except perhaps in images I have stored in my digital camera or captured in scribblings on my notebooks, faithful companiorns since I am 11 years old.

Thanks to Arnold Seloterio for facilitating my access to the blog spot. Now let's see how long I can sustaing blogging this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment