Thursday, October 13, 2005

Thanks, Rence!

Rence Sore, a friend from the Solomons, turned up in cyberspace and asked that I sent him a copy of the reply made by Miss International from the Philippines when asked what would she say to the rest of the world who think RP is a country of nannies. I gave him a copy of the email sent to me.

I am happy that on the second day of blogging again for Poverty Cafe I got a query from someone whom I have not not met for years. At least, someone read my entry. Rence is now with Commonwealth International based in London. Rence is making it big, quite a leap from those days going through the bureaucratic maze in the Solomons where you could easily get lost untangling web after web of conspiracies and counter-conspiracies. It was easy in those days to lose one's footing. The rules themselves would complicate things.

I am happy for Rence. Now he can focused his enormous talent and people's skills on development concerns. We hope we can work with him again someday. Perhaps not in the Solomons, but in more remote areas where they may be just starting create a state. Timor-Leste, perhaps?

A good thought to close the day and wish everybody good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment